On demand, we provide a private and secured version control service for our customers during software development. For this we use git combined with a Continuous Integration build powered by GitLab CE.
- Simple access to our provided source code.
- Keep up to date with our development progress easily.
- Contribute your own source code changes without the fear of breaking something.
- Maximum interaction with our customers during development and testing of a project.
- Save all source code and all development history locally at your company.
On this page we describe the possibilities to use the GitLab service at https://git.heindl-solutions.com/.
- Git command line tutorial from GitHub at https://try.github.io/
Read more about git in the Pro Git Book. Free version of the book in PDF, Mobi (Kindle format), ePub (iBooks format) or HTML available at https://progit.org/ .
For Windows OS:
kept up to date. Free. Integrates in Windows Explorer. Comes with command line tools.
At the moment, we recommend this client on Windows. See detailed setup informations for git.heindl-solutions.com.
Recommended by many. Free, but requires Atlassian account since 2016:
New. Free, but requires registration.
Free. Skip GitHub setup. Tailored for GitHub.com, but can use other repositories as well although a bit complicated:
Checkout repository via command line
Open command prompt. Enter:
git clone https://git.heindl-solutions.com/USERNAME/PROJECTNAME
Replace USERNAME and PROJECTNAME with the correct URL. Then open GitHub Client. Open Windows Explorer and drag and drop folder C:\myprojects\PROJECTNAME on the GitHub Client.